1 bag of Tinkyada gluten-free pasta (I like the spirals or shells for this)
1 box Applegate chicken sausage in sage or maple
1 tablespoon ghee
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized florets
1 c chicken broth
2 tsp dried basil
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, rinse, and set aside (keep in mind that Tinkyada takes longer to cook than average wheat pasta–usually between 15-20 minutes).
2. In a large skillet, cook sausage until carmelized. Remove from heat and slice into coins. Set aside.
3. Heat oil and ghee over medium heat in the same skillet used for sausage. Once ghee is melted, saute garlic until lightly browned. Add broccoli and saute 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add chicken broth and simmer until broccoli is tender.
5. Add the basil, pasta, and sausage to the skillet. Salt to taste.